Two time Deca Ironman Finisher!! Tony Finishes Day 11. Congratulations Tony!!


Saturday 14 September 2013

And on the 7th day God said ye shall walk

And that's exactly what we had to do.  A marathon is tough but a marathon walk is unrelenting.  My Achilles is pretty well fried at the moment.  I have it taped up and I'm icing it but it still has to be dragged 42 kms either way.

The food has improved and I've managed to sweet talk some of the other crews for extra stuff.  It's never going to be easy but I knew that going in.

It's 1:30 in the morning and I just finished, I have to be awake at 5:55 so it's lights out for me.

5 comments:

  1. Tony keep at it. You can have anything off my plate at our next Sunday morning breakfast ride

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Helen quotes your are a "freak of nature" but you are also an awesome athlete and an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes to the above but its time to call it ....your body is telling you something actually its screaming enough already !

    ReplyDelete
  4. On a positive side, walking is better than not walking, food will increase as others drop out and you may gain support. Hang in there Tony, if anyone can do this, you can. We are watching your progress daily and look forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing amazing, Tony! At least you don't have your flip flop taped to your foot yet :) I hope today was a better day and look forward to reading your progress. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete