Two time Deca Ironman Finisher!! Tony Finishes Day 11. Congratulations Tony!!


Monday 16 September 2013

It's time to pull the plug

I would first like to thank all my great friends, office mates and others that have touched my life.  I appreciate all the kind words and the motivation that you sent me.
I am grateful to my wife and family who continually sacrifice our quality time so I can pursue things that they don't understand.  I am truly blessed.

So you most likely gather today was not a stellar day.  My feet are so swollen I had to cut my bike shoes.  I walked the whole marathon in bare feet.  It's 3:20 and I just got done.  My ankle is huge and I have a shint splint on the other.  My body has found a way of getting my attention.  I promised everyone I wouldn't push my limits, I have came dangerously close to ignoring everything and proceeding on.  My son gave me a Quote from the Ontario Lotery, it says... Know your limits and play within it.

I'm hoping to struggle for one more day just to say I got to ten.

I was happy I got to wear my kick ass BDM Millwrighting.  Thanks Jim.

It's hard for me to not to accomplish what I set out to do.  This one feels like the goal post constantly got changed and even though I accepted it I was not willing to conform..  

13 comments:

  1. Glad you got to shine in that cool jersey, bro. It doesn't matter to me or anyone else here if you do #10 or not...we just want you back in one piece!

    Take care and play it safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...and if you think you've got it tough...we have to put in two of this funky word things whenever we comment to prove we are not a robot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tony, your words of encouragement and motivation, in the water, on the bike and at the start line, always come back to me when the w/o or the race gets tough. You've done a great job, you're a shining light and we all want you to come home in one piece. Do what you have to do, then get your old butt back here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry i have not been posting consistently Tony. I am amazed at everything you have accomplished. i cannot imagine how much mental and physical toughness you have to be where you are, CONGRATS!
    Please listen and do what you need to be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tony, just think of what you have accomplished already – 2033.96 km of biking, swimming and running! That is CRAZY and so AWESOME! Your dedication, determination and perseverance has crossed the miles and touched a lot of people, including me. Today, day ten, do what you must – even if it means ‘crossing the finish line’ on this day. Rest, heal and take care of yourself. Pig out on lasagna! You far exceeded what 99.99% of us could never do!! Know that we are all very proud of you and what you have done. We are (and have been) with you every step of the way in our thoughts and prayers. Be safe Tony!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tony, you have the courage to try what most others won't and the determination to have made it this far. You challenge yourself to finish what most others think is impossible to even start, because that word is not in your vocabulary. When we all say it's impossible, you say "I'm possible" and you go and do it.
    Thank you for being a mentor to me. I will always look up to you and remember what you have done, and that I can do anything that I put my mind to, because "I'm possible".
    Be safe,

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tough decision Tony, but sounds like the best one (more accurately, the only one). 9 (or 10) is an incredible accomplishment. Congratulations from Dianne and Kevin Koole!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tony - Finishing 10 Ironmans in 10 days is a major accomplishment, especially considering how little you were able to run this summer. You should be very proud of what you've achieved, there are very few people in the world (obviously) who could survive even half of what you just completed. Congrats again, and I look forward to hearing more about the adventure when you are back in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tony, You are definitely making the best decision although I know how hard it will be for you. You have done amazing once again! You had such a rough year and yet you still aimed higher than most only dream and gave it 110%. You have accomplished so much and we are all very proud of you.
    Stay safe my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My first comment was meant to be humourous but it sounded harsh so i pulled it.......suffice it to say we look forward to your return, safe AND sound. You've made the best decision!You done CANADA proud!
    Raise a glass and CHEERS to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tony, the only Canadian to attempt this endeavour...and from Chatham to boot! We are all glad to call you "friend"!! :) You have definitely earned some sleep and relaxation. Looking forward to congratulating you in person.
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  13. I knew you weren't done.You never cease to amaze me.Good luck on Day 11!Just be careful my friend!You are always in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete