Two time Deca Ironman Finisher!! Tony Finishes Day 11. Congratulations Tony!!


Friday 13 September 2013

Who is that in the mirror

Just got done day six.  I'm trying to hold onto a 16 hour day but that's getting tougher and tougher.  My roommate has decided to sleep on the message table rather than come home.  He has been finishing around 1;30 or so.  By the time he gets home and come back its not a lot of sleep.

I had a shower and looked in the mirror, this skinny rough looking old dude was staring at me.  I'm gonna need a spa day when I get done.

Another person dropped out today, almost half the field have left.  The all have done Ironmans before and other ultra events.  They have never seem one as tough as this.

My Achilles' tendon is swollen and really hurts.  I had to walk much of the marathon today, it takes forever.  One a good note, every time another one drops out there is more food to go around.

1 comment:

  1. Had coffee with the run group this morning and of course the main topic of conversation was our freakish friend who is doing something non of us would think possible let alone consider doing. We all agree that we just want you back safe. (notice we dropped the 'sound' part of safe and sound because we know you've lost it long ago)Keep your chin up ......thoughts and prayers go with you.

    ReplyDelete