Two time Deca Ironman Finisher!! Tony Finishes Day 11. Congratulations Tony!!


Monday 9 September 2013

There is carnage everywhere you look

Two guys yesterday had accidents on the road, it was stinking hot then it rained.  I went head over my bike with my feet still clipped in and the bike following me.  The fil crew got it all on tape.  Carbon fibre brake pads don't work we'll when it's raining.  My shoulder isvrealmsore but it was more my pride.  The bike course is hear hell.  I would sell my soul for a granny gear on my bike.   My bike has not seen the big ring once.  It is draining, Italian car and small streets are not a good combination.   There are no signs saying bike race, no one at intersection, it's madness.  Today they put two volunteers at the worst intersection.  Oh and by the way, it wine making season.  Do you know how many tractors are on the road.  Yesterday I got off the bike a few times, I had a massage, I had lunch and I had to go to the bathroom two times.  No port a potty at the turn around, you have to go down a hill to the water park, then come back up with your bike.  I tried to stay more focused on the bike today, but its kicking my ass.  My left foot really hurt on the bike today.  i checked the pedal and cleat.  a big part of plastic is misjsing from the cleat, most likely from my fall.  my foot keeps sliding to the right.  thank god i brought another pair.  cant get to them today.  It's all I can due to finish it.  They said they may change the bike course because of its difficulty and it was advertised as a flat course.

Day two begins, it's like 95 degrees and humid.  My clothes are wet from the air.  I bet you I drank 15 bottles on the bike and only pissed out a small teacup all day.  One guy is out and another girl is laying on the ground severely dehydrated.  Others are suffering, it's was a tough day.   There was another bike crash with a car today.

My big toe and the one beside it are already black.  I have a blood blister on the side of my baby toe.  It's larger than the toe.
It 12:21 and I have to.be up early, can't talk anymore.

2 comments:

  1. Can you hear the Saturday morning runners cheering you on at every turn, if not listen more carefully!:)
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are still doing okay and staying safe. We are missing Crazy Tony at the office already.
    Take care my friend :)

    ReplyDelete