Two time Deca Ironman Finisher!! Tony Finishes Day 11. Congratulations Tony!!


Thursday 12 September 2013

Day 5and still alive

It's hard to believe that you can go to bed at 1 and get up at 6 and complete another ironman.  I think we may have had two more drop out today.  These guys do the ultra curcuit all the time and they have never seen a bike course like it.  It trashes your legs..  Wore my new Smith Cycle jerseyesterday, it looked pretty sweet and I noticed people chewing it out.  It happens to be the same colour of my race number.  Loved the picture with my well chosen words of inspiration from everybody.  How things come back to haunt you.

A car came so close tome that it left a smudge of dust on my black shorts.  That was an eye opener.
My brand new bike aero bars broke again.  The screw was sheared off.  Thank god for duct tape, last time it went on my ass, this time on the bike.

Just a weird observation, there toilets are just a whole in the ground,  if I bend down I may not be able to get back up.  They don't even have grab bars.  I risk falling in the whole every time I use the bathroom.

My Spanish roommate didn't make it last night.  He only had one hour sleep the night before and he was suffering.

Okay light out, need sleep.

3 comments:

  1. U rock Tony - perhaps you will run into my Ironman pal Rhys Spencer? Good luck Tony, play it safe and good luck my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The race isn't over yet. There is still plenty of time for duct tape on your ass.

    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you find a big stick to use as a cane in the washroom? Wouldn't want it all to end in the hole, now would we?

    ReplyDelete