Two time Deca Ironman Finisher!! Tony Finishes Day 11. Congratulations Tony!!


Sunday 15 September 2013

Lonely days and lonely nights

Day eight is finished.  It was around 12:45 before I was done.  Yesterday's night was also long because I stopped to have a massage after my bike and have my foot taped.  I alo had another on round 10:30.  When I cam out the guy asked I had been.  I must have fallen asleep.  I was over an hour.  That just made the night even longer.

I am know unable to run, I walked the whole thing.  Don't know how much longer I can continue at this pace.  It also poured buckets yesterday.  It just continues.

On a good note, my body has finally decided that it is aware that this is going to continue.  It has stopped fighting back and reluctantly performs.  I'm hoping my foot will improve if I don't run on it for a while.

My brain obviously isn't functioning at full capacity.  It's just in survival mode.  One of the crews sister is. Called, Patty, but I have called her Peggy and Penny and other names.  Focusing is difficult.

Hopefully day nine will have a silver lining.  I'm really looking for one.

2 comments:

  1. I do hope you found your silver lining Tony !.You have overcome great obstacles,so far .... Mark and I as well as Becca ,and Shell, continue to cheer you on as well as pray that you keep well and safe ! Please know your limits ....God speed to you ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Know your limit. Play within it." This seems good advice for this scenario. By the time you read this you will have completed your 9th iron man. Add 9 to your previous record, for a total of at least 19 iron men!!! Some of us cannot even fathom completing 1!! Keep your health and safety in perspective. "Know your limit. Play within it."
    Jean

    ReplyDelete